Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hello all!

I know the little bugs and critter jewelry are not for everyone. Some of the old-school pieces are great, and some a little over-the-top. But I like the tongue-in-cheekiness of them. I think it's funny to have a frog on my wrist.

I didn't like the tortoise/yellow (light citron) colorway of the Frog-clasp Bracelet that I saw in store, so almost missed this turquoise version (daquiri ice) online, until a Polyvore friend highlighted it.

First of all, it is not of the same caliber of the critter jewelry of the past. The actual critter seems pretty close, but it's the resin (plastic) links that feel iffy. Like, if they break, this thing is toast. And I'm not sure I can say this isn't going to snag on something and just *pffft* fall into shambles.

That said, it's so cute. I love the colors. The frog is adorable (and is actually the clasp). Is it worth full price? Mmmm...nah. Is it going to make it to a sale? Who knows?  I still haven't seen this color in stores, so it might be an online only item. (Have you seen it?)

Here are some pics:
























What do you think? Are you a critter-on-your-wrist kind of gal?

p.s. I just wanted to rave quickly about the Shearling Macalister Wedge Boots. They are so awesome and comfortable. I've worn them with skinnies rolled up, and with my too-long bootcut jeans, and they are cute and warm and super walkable. I wear an 8.5 outside of J.Crew and sized up to a 9 and it's a perfect fit. Anyway, just wanted to mention, since they keep popping back.
Have a wonderful day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment