Thursday, July 15, 2010



I just thought I would share with you my first pickins' from the garden!  I finally have peppers big enough to pick.  I thought I would have more banana peppers because I planted so many, but there are still a lot of smaller ones still growing, so I may end up with more than I can handle soon enough.

I just picked banana peppers, jalapeño peppers and habanero peppers.  I love salsa and hot and spicy foods.  My dad raised me eating cayenne peppers from a young age, I think that's why I love hot and spicy things so much.  I will probably pickle some of them, freeze some and use up the rest making lots of salsa and in the dishes I cook .



I know, I didn't wait for the habaneros to turn red, but I couldn't resist! I love the flavor of habanero so much.    Once I get more banana peppers, I will make some salsa with them and post the recipe and pics of it.  I got the recipe from a friend and it's some of the best salsa I've ever had.

If you have any good recipes with peppers or for salsa, please let me know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment