Tuesday, July 20, 2010


I got this cart from that estate sale my friends had and was just able to go get it yesterday.  It is battered and very stained, but you know I can fix that right up :)   A little sanding and sealing and it's good as new.  That is my butcher block cutting board I sat on top of it.  Before I bought this house, I envisioned a little mini island here in front of the sink.  I'm going to keep this here for a little while and see if I like having something there and if it's going to be easy to maneuver around or not.  I won't keep this particular cart there though, I would get something that was more of an actual island.


What do you think?  Would a small island look really out of place in this kitchen?  Too small of an area?



I'm going to put this cart over in the corner of the kitchen on the opposite side once I refinish it.  It doesn't look like it will be too hard to clean up. I don't have any plans to paint it or anything, just sand and seal.  I will like having the extra space to put things on while I'm cooking.  It's sort of the color of my counter tops, I wonder if this wood is oak, too?  I'm happy with my new little purchase.



P.S. I went ahead and bought the Pottery Barn patio umbrella yesterday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment