Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I've been thinking about adding a little color to my guest room.  I keep running across rooms in magazines and online that are neutral or white with little accents of blue and I can't stop looking at them.  I tried to have a blue bedroom one time, but was a little overwhelmed with the blue so I thought blue didn't work for me, BUT I never thought of just throwing a few touches of blue into the room.

I went out this past weekend and bought a blue throw pillow.
It's all the blue I have right now, but it's a start.


(Try to ignore the shade with the plastic on it, I'm deciding if I want to keep it or not)

I've been sleeping in my guest room!
I love my guest room so much, it feels much more peaceful and more calm than my own bedroom.  The reason is, my bedroom is in the front of the house and faces the road, which you can hear the cars going by (not a lot of trafic, but still.), and I have the view of my neighbors house across the street.  So it's not exactly a serene setting.  I'm amazed at how such a thing can affect the way you feel when you're laying in the bed and looking out the windows. The guest room faces the back yard surrounded by trees and privacy.  It gives me a calm feeling.  So now to figure out what to do.  Switch rooms or just keep it the way it is and continue to sleep in the guest room only?  hmmm  

It's kind of hard to tell here, but this is the view out my windows in the guest room.
Luscious trees everywhere.




Inspiration Photos.

Decor Pad






 Southern Accents



Pottery Barn


I love how calming these rooms look.  I'll get a couple of more blue accessories and post as I go with it.



0 comments:

Post a Comment