Monday, March 8, 2010

Last week at work we were given a frame and asked to do a self portrait which would then be hung in the office. We had two requirements as well ~ the portrait had to have a recognizable image and your name. As usual, I was short on time, so I had to come up with something I could get done quickly. I started out working digitally, but soon gave that up as it was taking too long. Instead, I gathered up some of my favorite things and arranged them on a piece of felt ~ I had to add the photo in via photoshop, along with some additional felt background.

I tried to use items that either had some sort of meaning to me or what I like to do, so I chose some various tools I use like knitting needles, crochet hooks, scissors and tape measure. I also included a few items I made ~ a crocheted & felted brooch, a folded paper ornament. The buttons and other bits and pieces are objects that I am drawn to for one reason or another. The biggest challenge was finding things that looked well together and fit in the space.

Overall, I was happy with the results ~ especially as I ended up photographing it on my kitchen table without decent lighting. I'm hoping to do some more of these ~ it'll be a great excuse to buy more bits and pieces!

0 comments:

Post a Comment