Monday, February 13, 2012

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend.

I stopped in at Madewell the other day and tried on a few more items. It's a happy store to go into for me for some reason. (JC is stressing me out lately.) Free shipping on $100+ with code LOVELY.

Striped Parklane Dress (also comes in solid black)-- Silk and stripes are a fab mix. For me, however, this shape -- or maybe it was the length -- just didn't work. I tried on a size 4, and think it was the right size. It was a bit too long for me, but maybe with heels it wouldn't feel so shlumpy. I might try it with heels again. It also could be that the color washes out my already transclucent skin, ha.  Looks SO lovely on A Bigger Closet  here and here



















Block Stripe Hoodie -- Loved this and actually think it could be worth full price.The colors are great, and it's a nice weight -- not too heavy, not too light. I tried on a small, but was a bit big. An XS might be a better fit, but I kinda liked the slouch. Seems to be along the lines of what you wear in J.Crew loungewear. This is the seagrass colorway, which I loved!



















Academy Blazer -- I have a thing for navy blazers, so had to give this one a try. Loved it, actually. The gold buttons were nice -- nicer than the J.Crew schoolboy buttons methinks. It's quite a shorter and fitted shape, so it might be tricky on tall/long-torsoed gals. I liked it with the hoodie.  It's a wool/spandex blend, but I forgot to snap the label to get the mix.



















I'm digging a lot of Madewell stuff lately, so will be trying to do more reviews, including some shoes. They do a great job on shoes. What do you think of Madewell? Have you tried them out yet?

Have a lovely day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment